Here at Modern Day Duke, we love a mighty long beard!
Vikings, badass bikers and wise wizards all have them so that proves how awesome they are!
However, we know that sometimes that sweet facial hair of yours needs a bit of taming because otherwise it might just take over your face (and probably the world).
So, let’s get to it! 5 steps for trimming your long and legendary beard.
- Gather the right tools for the job. A workman is only as good as his tools afterall!
- An electric beard trimmer
- A sharp pair of barber scissors
- A mirror
- A beard and moustache comb
- Modern Day Duke Beard Oil or Beard Balm
- Modern Day Duke Luxury Shaving Cream and Razor (optional)
- To begin, comb your beard focusing on getting any wayward hairs into place. Work out any tangles and pay special attention to any hairs that just won’t go into place, you’ll be coming back to those later. Make sure you also comb your moustache and around the jawline.
- Once you’re satisfied that you’ve detangled all the hairs and combed your beard thoroughly, it’s time to pick up the electric beard trimmer. Using your comb as a guide for how much hair you want to trim, start from the outside and lightly trim your beard, working your way in. Remember you can always take off more later, so start with removing less hair and gradually increase it until you have the desired length. Still using the comb to ensure it is even, move towards the centre of your beard. Once you reach the centre repeat on the other side.
- For your cheeks and neckline, use the same guard setting on the electric beard trimmer as your barber uses for the sides of your hair for a seamless blended look. Use your Modern Day Duke Shaving Cream and razor for any areas you want to be completely hairless.
- Comb through your beard once more, and using your barber scissors trim and stray hairs that may have escaped the electric trimmer. Finally, apply your Modern Day Duke Beard Oil or Beard Balm to condition and nourish your beard. Give it a final comb through for good measure and your done! A truly legendary beard to be proud of.